Definition of Reiki
Reiki is a spiritual healing art. It is not massage nor is it based on belief or suggestion. A Reiki session usually is between 60 and 90 minutes in length. The session is performed by a Reiki Practitioner (RP or RMT) using specific Reiki hand positions. During a Reiki session, the client is fully clothed while comfortably reclining on a massage table or seated in a chair. A Reiki session aids in stress reduction and it is almost always a very relaxing experience. Reiki sessions or classes are a great investment in yourself.
– A subtle and effective form of energy healing using spiritually guided life force energy (Rei-ki)
– Practiced in every country of the world
– Being used in many setting including hospitals, hospice, as well as in private practice and in self-care
– A wonderful complementary modality in a personal wellness or healing program
Reiki is not:
– Affiliated with any particular religion or religious practice
– New, it is thousands of years old (at least)
Defining qualities of Reiki:
– A practice of transmitting healing energy through the hands
– Passed on through the attunement process
– The energy is not guided by the practitioner, but the energy has it’s own innate wisdom to guide itself.
– Reiki energy is not based on belief, faith or suggestion.
A Reiki session can help ease tension and stress, and can help support the body to facilitate healing on all levels- physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. A session is pleasant and relaxing and is often utilized for one’s own personal wellness, not just illness. A Reiki I class is a great gift to give to yourself.
The Reiki Ethics
Reiki is a unique healing method. It requires that you touch another person. Not just with your hands but also with energy. You share in the loving energy of the source that God has made available to all. It is a unique and special gift.
Many people coming for healing are vulnerable. They may be vulnerable emotionally or physically. It is imperative that you do not violate that trust that they place in you. If a person is experiencing emotional release, as a result of the treatment it is essential that you maintain their confidentiality and respect their lives.
Reiki principles as follows:
Just for today I will count my blessings
Just for today I will not worry
Just for today I will not anger
Just for today I will do my work honestly
Just for today I will be kind to every living creature